Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Stuff

I'm working as a lifeguard 6 days a week and haven't been getting to work out as I'd like to. Wackness 2.0. But I talked to my friend the other day... he's in the army and they have a crossfit trainer on staff. He was telling me about their workouts (I became very jealous when he mentioned they had a full compliment of kettlebells and big tires for tire flipping) and I'm including some interesting stuff. He also will be sending me some of them through email, and I'll include them when I get them.

One simple test workout is 50 box jumps and 50 burpees for time. If anyone does it post up your time, I'm going to try to do this one in the next week.

Another interesting exercise (which was part of a circuit that included tire flips and kettlebell swings) was some kind of backwards stair bear-crawl with push-up. Basically, you start at the bottom of the stair with your hands on the ground and feet on the first stair, and climb up backwards, doing a push-up after each stair climbed (if I understood him correctly) and then climb back down. It sounds like a great exercise to add into a circuit or do between supersets...

I'll add more soon

No comments: